Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spring color


When spring arrives I long to spend every free moment working in the garden.

Digging in the dirt is therapeutic. As I turn the soil and remove weeds in my flower beds, the weight of my daily woes dissipate and my mind clears. It's a very pleasant sort of therapy.

Look at these happy pansies,

this vibrant, purple lupine,

and these girlishly, frou frou, pink crab apple blossoms (wouldn't they be beautiful in a bridal bouquet?)
I pulled this old wheelbarrow out of the junk pile, painted it red and it is now awaiting warmer weather to fill with zinnias.


This week, we seem to be stuck in a cool weather pattern with plenty of rain. I'm itching for warmer, drier weather so I can plant vegetable starts and sow flower seeds.....

3 comments:

  1. your yard is perfect! I wish I could be there to enjoy it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I am so jealous! But then, I am not as fond of digging around in the dirt! My Irises all opened up today and they are very pretty too. My lupines show no signs of flowers yet! I would love a tour of your garden someday! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Every season in your yard is delicious. Love the pics, feel like I'm there.

    ReplyDelete