Thursday, September 9, 2010

Early Fall days


Yes. It's a SPIDER time of year! They are BIGGER than ever and seem to especially love the space between the wall and ceiling right above our bed!

I heard on the national news this morning that the Pacific Northwest is not the only region that is experiencing fall's sudden onslaught. One day was summer. The next was fall. Even the birds that have hogged my bird feeders all summer have disappeared. Sigh...

My yard is not yet ready to be put 'to bed' for the season. Look at the various varieties of sunflowers, one with 3 busy bees.

How is it that my one pumpkin ended up growing comfortably on top of a stump?

I call him 'can-do Glynn'. Notice the little red tool box mounted atop his mower? He would be away from his tools in his shop when he needed to fiddle with some component of the mower. His solution? Take a few tools with him!

My evenings are cozy. Summer can be tiring and fall is my time to mellow and rest. Most evenings find me in my easy chair with a stack of books on one side, my computer on the other and Otis by my feet.

Life is good.

1 comment: