Friday, June 17, 2011

Backyard haven

I can only imagine what people must think when I tell them I live in a mini storage facility. Usually, a mini storage manager is provided an apartment which is situated above or adjacent to the office.

Fortunately, Glynn and I bought our home (with adjacent acres) prior to building the storage facility so we were able to ensure that our home was situated in the back corner. Yes, my kitchen window looks out into our outdoor storage area which is full of parked RV's. What people don't know, however, is that I have an oasis in my backyard. And if it wasn't for the privacy of the backyard, I'd have a hard time living in our gated community.

I haven't been overly enthusiastic about my yard this year. Perhaps it's because of our cool, wet spring. Nevertheless, the foliage is green, full and happy. The spring blooming flowers are radiant and it all helps keep me sane.

Remember this bed I weeded early in the spring?

Here it is.... 2 months later!

Summer begins tomorrow. I'm hoping some consistent warmth will arrive so the veggies I planted earlier this month will cease looking puny and pathetic!

1 comment:

  1. Its so beautiful! I think if the sun shines the next few days like they predict, I will be getting out and doing some weeding and arranging too. You are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete