Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's time


courtesy of brownfamilyadventures.blogspot.com

I look at the belly, stretched to no-more-capacity, its surface undulating with baby's movement like a grey whale surfacing for air. I cringe as I envision the tendons and connective tissues groaning in protest while supporting the baby for one more day and say, 'ENOUGH ALREADY'. 

I smile politely when the stranger approaches and lets loose with the inane comment of, "Wow. You're huge. You must be exhausted!"  'You think?' I want to say as I concentrate on NOT allowing my eyes to roll in their sockets with exaggerated motion, fearing this time they will become stuck in the 11 o'clock position.


My tongue feels flayed and swollen from continually biting it as different ones express their dismay that baby has not yet arrived.

And I'm just the grandma-to-be.

The good news is that baby Landon will be born - soon.

And in the meantime, Daughter-in-law, Courtney, deserves a standing ovation for her grace, patience and humor as she awaits the birth of her baby boy.

courtesy of underthehoneymoon.blogspot.com

1 comment: