Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday book for Deb





Lately I've been in the crafting mood and spend many an evening in my craft corner putting together a new
creation.


My most recent project was constructing a book to give my sister, Debbie, for her birthday.

What I love about these books is that I can tweak them to fit a personality.

People ask me where I find the materials and ephemera for these projects.

First of all, ephemera is:' paper items (as posters, broadsides, and tickets) that were originally meant to be discarded after use but have since become collectibles'. It is pronounced e-fem-ora.

Crafts stores like Joanne's Fabrics and Michaels are a good start for basic paper and stickers. Independent paper/scrapping stores have more original items. I use the internet to order individual collage sheets and use my naked, human eyeball to find images in magazines & newspapers.

I love serendipity and get very happy when I discover a 'find' at Goodwill or at a garage sale. Those are the best!

Quotes are everywhere as is the written word.

Put it all together and you get an original creation!

2 comments:

  1. Your book is awesome!!! Mom sent me a link to Stampington.com this week. I spent a good couple of hours perusing and placed an order for some cute collage sheets.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I figured out how to comment on your blog! I love this book! Don't you love how you can give away something so special, and keep it too? hmmm, is there a copyright on this idea??????

    ReplyDelete