Thursday, March 25, 2010

Queen for a day!





It seems the older we become, the less we care about our birthday. There comes a point in one's life when adding another year begins to 'matter' and we would rather not bring attention to it!

The truth is, one's birthday is the one day out of the year when one can truly be 'queen (or king) for a day'. It's the one day when I feel no guilt for not planning or cooking dinner nor for allowing others to do for me what I usually do for them.

When a few of us girls decided to have a let's-celebrate-Jonny's-birthday-by-taking-her-out-dinner, I quickly assembled this birthday crown which she proudly (or generously ?!) wore all evening long.

Happy Birthday, Jonny!

2 comments:

  1. I actually like to refer to June as my birthday month... why not celebrate for more than a day?! I love the crown!!!

    ReplyDelete