Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 generations

This is a photo of four generations of Howards. Great Grandma Ellen Howard is holding her first great grandchild, Cooper Ellsworth Howard. Grandma Ellen has been patiently awaiting the birth of a great grandchild and commented that she never thought she would have the chance to hold one. (She is a spunky 83 years old who'll likely be around to hold more great grandchildren!) Cooper is 3 days old in this photo.

A week later, Cooper's paternal side posed for a photo op. Don & JoAnn Jensen ..... Susan Jensen Howard (me) .... Nicholas Howard ..... Cooper Howard.

An interesting aside: The name 'Ellsworth' has been in the Jensen family for generations. My grandmother was named Dorothy Ellsworth Renner Jensen. The name skipped my generation but I picked it up & ran with it giving Nick the middle name of Ellsworth. Growing up, he detested it! He said once he became of legal age, he would go to court and have it changed.

Imagine my delighted surprise when Nick said they would be giving Cooper the Ellsworth name, carrying on the tradition. Grandma Dorothy is likely turning happy cartwheels in her grave.

To the best of my knowledge, Nick hasn't made that court appointment yet.


1 comment:

  1. That's nice! Lovely families - lucky baby! I gave both of my boys my maiden name for their middle names (Johnston). Ellsworth sounds quite royal!

    ReplyDelete