Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ode to mom

This photo of my mom and I was taken Xmas 1959 when I was 6 months old. Mom was a mere 22 years old. My sister, Debbie, (in right corner) was 21 months old and in 1961, mom would give birth to Chris. 11 years later, we welcomed baby Kim into our circle.

My mom.... the epitome of an excellent wife and mother... always there for us.... home cooked meals around the table each night... chauffeur, boo-boo fixer, homework helper, good sport (driving my sis & I to the orchard @ 5 am on summer mornings so Debbie and I could earn some money picking fruit & harvesting right along beside us), camping queen, firm disciplinarian, gardener, teacher, artist, cheer leader, encourager... the list continues on and on and on.

Thank you mom for your continual love and support. When someone tosses a compliment my way about a personal attribute, I give a little bow in your direction because you have shaped me into the woman I am today.

I love you, mom.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, very nicely said.
    She IS a wonderful person and the very best mom one could hope for.

    ReplyDelete