Sunday, May 29, 2011

This & that

Tumwater needs an old fashioned coffee shop, something other than Starbucks. After taking Ellen grocery shopping on Friday, we wanted a cup of coffee so I drove her downtown in Olympia to Wagner's European Bakery. Look at these luscious pastries!

Ellen wanted an eclair until she saw that they cost $3.49 a piece! I guided her to a table, ask her to sit there & hold it for us while I did the purchasing....

I scored at a garage sale this weekend. Look at this cute little bench I bought for $3!


This house was on the same street as the garage sale. I had to whip out my camera to document all the miscellaneous antique junk adorning the yard. Wow - what a collection! I went home & pulled out a few things I've had in storage to junk up my yard.





The weather has cooperated thus far this Memorial Day weekend and I've been able to work in my yard. I feel quite accomplished having weeded many beds and seeding carrots, cabbage, pole beans, sunflowers, and nasturtiums. I now have a small strawberry patch and filled the planters on my deck with posies. And I still have one more day to get even more accomplished outside!

Happy birthday, dad. He is ___ years old! I could not think of what to buy him for his birthday. Since he loves M & M's, Stephanie suggested I buy him packages of the many M & M varieties . Of course he loves his gift. Niece Sophie (age 6) said, 'that's a great gift'!!!



2 comments:

  1. Great Post Susan! Who wouldn't love all those m&m's??? What a cute garden treasure you found, and I wonder if those chickens in the "junked up" yard are real or ceramic. I did put out a flag yesterday, but hmmm, maybe more decor is in order... Have a great Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a beautiful day, hasn't it? Great post. I love reading about your goings on.

    ReplyDelete