Friday, September 16, 2011

Chicks

No longer is my hen house empty. Four 7 week old Plymouth Barred Rock chicks now inhabit it. This breed of chicken lays eggs by the sixth month of life so this winter, I'll have eggs galore!

Perhaps when they are a bit older I'll be able to take a decent picture of them. At this age, they are extremely skittish and flee when they see me. (This breaks my animal loving heart!) (I could name them Foolish, Frightened, Flock, of Four.)

On this cool, Fall-ish day, these wheelbarrows appear to be saying, 'Yup. We're done for the season'.

Nick (and Courtney) is looking for a home to buy. The realization hit me. My son is all grown up & acting like an adult. This page in my art journal expresses my dismay:

... and this page because sometimes I have to reassure myself that everything is going to be OK...

2 comments:

  1. Great shots of the newest members of your family! Very charming! THEY won't fly the coop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but what are the chicken's names?

    ReplyDelete