Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And the winner is.....

We asked our guests to bring/wear an ugly sweater to our Christmas party this year.

Interestingly enough, as I perused the racks at the Goodwill and a local thrift shop for appropriate attire, I was surprised at how difficult it was to find a sweater with a holiday theme. A short while later, I learned via nightly news that ugly sweater contests have skyrocketed in popularity. So much so that accumulating such tacky attire has become a cottage industry! I logged onto Ebay thinking I'd have success there and was shocked at the prices; $25 to $75 + shipping costs. Yikes!

As a result, many of our contestants utilized their craftiness and became creative:

The tacky Knox family.
(I'm pretty sure Kim pulled this sweater out of the back of her closet having worn it in the 80's.)

The tablecloth duo



Other serious contenders



And the winner is: Phil who lit up like a Christmas tree when he plugged himself into a socket!

(So sorry if you and your lovely sweater are not pictured here. We didn't get photos of all the lovely tackiness!)

1 comment: