Monday, March 11, 2013

Contentment

Last Saturday I experienced a fresh version of joy.

2.75 year old Cooper spent the weekend with us and when we awoke to sun, I knew Cooper would be delighted to run his little legs in the yard while I commenced cleaning my flower beds of winter's debris.

Imagine for a moment my enjoyment as Cooper willingly became my little helper; filling the wheelbarrow with dead branches, crumbling seed pods into dust, and discovering worms. He planted himself amongst  tall, dried out stalks of ornamental grass and shook them vigorously, laughing delightedly as they rattled and rustled. Cooper is just now finding his voice and he entertained me with a running commentary of melodious chatter, a diction only he can interpret.

An intense wave of tenderness toward this precious, little boy washed over me (again) that day. He has stolen this grandma's heart.

courtesy of 123rf.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I know exactly what you mean! LOVE those little boys.

    ReplyDelete