Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Romping with the young-un's

Saturday and Sunday was spent with my nieces - a 'sleepover' at Auntie Sue's!

The three of us went to The Painted Plate in downtown Olympia where we each painted a ceramic what-not. I'll pick them up later this week, fired and ready to use. What a fun way to take advantage of a rainy Saturday.


As always, we hit the Children's Museum. I love their arts and craft room. Bins of odd & ends are available for crafting. Everything from fabric scraps to wall paper to unused small milk cartons to sticky electrodes used for medical tests (also unused) and then some. Imagination is encouraged and it is fun to see what they create. I wonder how many children do not have the opportunity to create at home because of busy scheduling or lack of resources?

Sophie's creation - a fabric banner.

In the vet's office. Doesn't this doggie look like Otis?

I decided to work on purging my ephemera supply (so I can begin collecting more). I have a stiff little book whose pages I'm filling with bits and pieces of ephemera. I'm trying to figure out how to create an aged look.....

How amazing that I found a line in an old letter that reads, "today is fine can see land"!

I also started a new journal called 'Crazy Love'.
Mr. Darcy's famous words, "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I love and admire you."

This was fun. A very thin, old piece of leather that I made into somewhat of a three dimensional book.

No comments:

Post a Comment