Monday, February 13, 2012

That darn ice!

Those of you who have walked the neighboring campground with me will lament its sad state due last month's ice storm. Not only is the property covered with broken branches but downed trees block pathways and occupy camping spaces.

Each campsite is full of debris. I feel for Perry and crew. They have their work cut out for them before opening day Memorial Day weekend. (They own another campground, too, with similar damage.)

Remember my gorgeous-in-the-fall sugar maple?


I cried when I saw this.

After making a phone call to neighbor Perry, a self taught arborist, and with Nick's help one Saturday, we butched it. It looks a bit gnarly (and pathetic) but hopefully the tree has been saved and, in time, will reclaim its splendor.

On to a happier topic....

I recreated a page from my art journal and it became a canvas for Stephanie for Valentine's Day. I'm thinking I need to create one for my wall.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, its sad what has happened to so many trees. I'm surprised to see how much is still waiting for attention. Your art is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete