Wednesday, March 16, 2011

this and that

'Hang in there' seems to be the expression of the week. Spring is just around the corner, or so they say. Our weather consists of bursts of extreme rain showers coupled with a stiff breeze. The beautiful pink of a spring time primrose uplifts my spirits today.

Here is a quick card I made for my mother-in-law's birthday. I enlarged a photo taken of Ellen when she was perhaps 12 years old. I colored the dress with colored pencil then used a barely wet paintbrush to even out the color. Rub-ons and rubber stamps are my new best friends as they add dimension and interest to one's artwork.


Olympia has a new indoor flea market on Thurston St. It's open on Saturdays and Sundays. The space resembles a hastily erected antique mall with a garage sale feel. One space in particular sells nothing but ephemera - old photos, postcards and miscellaneous printed products. Kitschy items from the 50's, 60's and 70's comprise another space at which I found some cool, bargain priced ephemera.

Garage sale season is a couple of months away so this indoor flea market will serve to satisfy my junk craving.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my....I want to go to that flea market!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gotta check out that flea market! Saturday, hmmmm.... and LOVE your card project. I'm going to try that tonight. (The colored pencils, water etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that beautiful, creative card! It's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete