Monday, July 25, 2011

The beauty of tension

Summertime is a busy time. Places to go, gardens to sow, weed & harvest, barbecues, overnight guests, camping trips, vacations, days to simply enjoy the season..... I love it all. But, cram all of the above into a 34 hour work week and my edges feel squeezed.

My BFF, Kathleen, listened patiently while I vented recently. 'The worst part is I have no time to create & my brain is overflowing with ideas', I whined.

Her gentle response is wise and noteworthy. 'Remember. It's the tension in our lives that gives rise to creativity.'

Without tension, our landscape would be muted and mundane.

Thank you, Kathleen, for once again freely sharing the wisdom you've learned through the' school of hard knocks'. I will continue filling my little notebooks with inspiration and ideas, biding my time until the rainy days return (all too soon) when I'm stuck indoors and have opportunity to create to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment