Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer happenings

Summer is in full swing with the days passing a little too quickly. I want to freeze frame our beautiful weather, my flower-ful yard and the long hours of daylight.

Our Sisters, OR trip happened a bit earlier than normal this year and, although the weather was sunny, we woke one morning to frost on the windshield.

Cooper was quite popular with his cousins vying for his attention. They went so far as to assign themselves a specific 'patrol'; diaper, food, sleeping & or eating patrols. That way, no one person was able to hog Cooper!


Sisters is a fun little town full of delightful shops. These window displays caught my fancy.

The 4th of July found me in Auburn at sister Kim's home. (Glynn had to work.) Although I did not stay for fireworks, there was plenty of action & noise as the kids had fun together.


Elda spent a week with us while visiting her mom. Prior to arriving, she had surgery in Idaho on her hand. The stitches needed to come out and rather than spend $150 to have them removed by a bonafide Dr/nurse, I volunteered. (Perhaps you don't know, dear reader, that someday - perhaps in my next life - I'll be a nurse...) After googling 'how to remove a mattress stitch', and while Elda closed her eyes (anything having to do with blood or needles makes her want to swoon), I swabbed the site with alcohol, nabbed the stictch(es) with a tweezers, snipped the knot, tugged gently and success. My first suture removal!

This was taken before the sutures were removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment