Wednesday, July 27, 2011

orange swirl



If I can place the blame somewhere it would be 'summer made me do it'.

I went grocery shopping while hungry (always a mistake) and gave in to the temptation. Orange delight: vanilla and orange sherbet ice cream.

Back in the day - age 7, Hatton Street, San Diego - mom would give us kids a dime when we heard the tiney sound of the ice cream truck coming our way. I'd scurry to the curb, peer at the menu board and agonize. The multi-colored missile pop or a creamsicle?



Although the missile pop was bigger, the creamsicle's flavors blended so nicely; a bit of creamy yet tangy on a stick.

It's a flavor I haven't yet outgrown.

1 comment:

  1. Growing up in Olympia (West side before there was all that shopping)there was no such thing as the "good humor truck"! It was just something we'd see on tv. We could walk down to the corner store though and buy our popsicles for 7 cents, or something with ice cream in it for 10 cents. I loved rootbeer or banana popsicles! Hard to find now, but that sweet cold flavor brings back childhood instantly.

    ReplyDelete