Wednesday, November 30, 2011

December is here!

Each and every year I struggle to hold back tears of gratitude on Thanksgiving day - gratitude for wonderful family and friends and good health and a roof over my head and food on the table and an incredible husband and great (adult) children and living in a free country, and Cooper and ...the list goes on.

Cooper didn't know what to think of this naked bird.

Hostessing and taking photos don't mix well. I did get one picture of the kids (young and old) eating.
When it's finally dessert time, we celebrate Willa's birthday . This year we surprised Chris with a 50th birthday party as well. Here he holds up a festive pair of Christmas undies! When each of us kids reach 50, dad and mom gift us with a photo book containing pictures of ourselves from birth through graduation. What a treasure! Chris was given his book that day. Also, Uncle Gene gifted him with a rifle that our grandfather used and his father before him. Wow!


While searching for my Thanksgiving napkins, I was rather shocked to realize just how many sets of napkins I own! I need to have some tea parties (or cocktail parties?) to use them up.

Last summer, I bought a large container of Christmas bulbs at a garage sale for $2. Many are flocked, all are vintage. Tonight I strung them along a wire and draped the mass atop my vintage door along with a string of vintage green lights = vintage delight!

I'm digging my recent art journal entry. I copied the idea from a booze advertisement in a magazine! The red border is actual vintage wallpaper from my grandma's little farmhouse kitchen in Enumclaw, WA. (How many times have I used the word 'vintage' in this post?)

My mind is whirling with decorating ideas, gifts to make and buy, goodies to bake, all preparation for Christmas which will be here soon!

1 comment:

  1. Vintage is my favorite word too! Making lists is my current activity. Hopefully the actual making, buying, baking will happen too. Love your art journal entry!

    ReplyDelete