Sunday, November 20, 2011

This and that

Here is a mish mash of various pictures giving a glimpse into the ordinariness of my recent life. (Ordinariness = good.)

The quilt

Stephanie informed me she does not like the 'fancy stitches' on quilts. So, I decided to try stitch-in-the-ditch and ordered a special foot for my sewing machine. After many attempts at adjusting the tension (puckering), I gave up. No fancy stitches on this quilt - just a running stitch.

I decided it was high time to start using some of the old architectural pieces I have in storage. (The ones Glynn calls junk...) This is the door I rescued from a garbage pile...

and these are the original shutters on dad & mom's home in Kent. A perfect backdrop for Mr. and Mrs. Old Timer.


Cuteness = these rocks, made by sister Kim for mom's birthday. It's a basket of happy!

Tucker, the Knox family cat

A camera cannot do justice to the flaming sugar maple tree outside my office.


Bonnie (as in Bonnie and Clyde), our neighbors goat, asking me if I have anything to eat. She and Clyde love a scratch behind their ears and food of any kind.

And last, little Otis. He has not been overly happy with me as I rouse him from the first of his many morning cat naps to take a walk. To add insult to injury, I made him pose in a pile of damp leaves. Doesn't he look thrilled?

3 comments:

  1. Love the weathered door! The goat is hilarious, and Otis is charming as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE QUILT AND AM SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete