Thursday, November 3, 2011

'Storage Wars' woes (quickly repeat that 3 times in a row)


Recent conversation with a tenant who has been denied access to her unit because of unpaid rent. (Her unit is in the foreclosure process...)

Tenant: How much do I owe?

Me: $90 brings you current.

Tenant: There isn't $90 worth of stuff in the unit. Most of it needs to be trashed. Can't you just let me grab my duffle bag out of the unit and then you can auction off the rest like they do in 'Storage Wars'?

Me: But you just said there is nothing of value in the unit....

Tenant: Yeah... but the units that hold junk still sell for hundreds of dollars on 'Storage Wars'. You'd be making out like a bandit!

I concluded this conversation with a 30 second lesson in the reality of reality TV - in the 16 years of managing my facility, I've never been paid hundreds of dollars for dump fodder.

She paid the past due and emptied out her unit.

I rest my case.

1 comment: