Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July fun


Dawn brought sunshine to Olympia on the 4th of July. This is significant because we have yet to experience summer-like weather. Glynn and I sat on the deck, enjoying the warmth while eating dutch babies.

Unfortunately, by 9 am, the clouds rolled in and remained with us throughout the remainder of the day.

Kim invited us to a barbecue at her home. Dad and mom, Nick, Courtney and Cooper, Uncle Gene and Jeanie plus 3 other couples with their children were in attendance.  Food was in abundance and energetic children kept the party hopping! I was busy hogging.....er, I mean holding baby Cooper so I did not take many pictures.



I did snap a photo of the children eating while Otis, wearing a patriotic kerchief, hovers nearby hoping for a hand-out.

Not be be left out, Cooper showed patriotism at his first 4th of July celebration by sporting a flag tee shirt.

Glynn and I left just as the kids, with parents in tow, began dragging out the boxes of fireworks.  Chloe put a few poppers under our car tires so we left with bang!

2 comments:

  1. you missed a good fireworks show...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable family! I like the idea of the poppers under the car tires! We've never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete