Monday, July 5, 2010

Handmade is best

Last month, I celebrated another birthday.

Growing up, I remember asking my mother what she wanted for her birthday. It was usually something she needed. One year I believe I bought her a showercap.  (I'm so sorry, Mom!) 

These days, I buy what I need (and what I want, generally speaking) so choosing a gift for me is likely a bit of a trial. The gifts I received this year were both functional and creative.

I asked my dad if he would give an old bird feeder of mine a makeover. The roof was in disrepair. This is the result! Notice the awesome details.... 





Stephanie took a photo of us and made a collage with it. 


Kim did paper crafting on canvas and look at this awesome creation!  That little girl with her life-sized doll is me at around 3 years old.  I likely named my dolly Barbara because I wished (past tense) for that name myself.

This cigar box was converted into a keepsake box by my friend, Judy. I'm using it in my craft room to as a place to house odds and ends. She also made a pincushion in a frame to help me keep my frou frou together in one place.

As usual, I feel love and appreciated by all.  Thank you friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment