Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Latest projects


Although I've always been 'crafty' it's only been lately that I've given myself over to the artist within. Since I do not yet have a particular style I find myself spending far too much time reading blogs, hoping to find an artist who can help me develop my style (vs. letting it emerge on it's own).

Perusing blog after blog looking for inspiration has become an avoidance tactic. True confession: I'm afraid of the blank canvas and don't know even know where to begin.

So..... Using lots of self control, I'm no longer allowing myself the luxury of reading artist's blogs. At least not until after I've forced myself to simply grab the mod podge, markers, paper, scissors, water color crayons, embellishments and take the risk.... just begin creating.

Here are a couple results:

(disclaimer: bright red shoes, not my 'original' idea)


I love the muted, textured feel of adhering old pattern pieces over paper. I have a box full of patterns and will likely continue using the paper until I become tired of my new obsession.


Friend Kathleen is the author of this quote: 'Woke up with my cup brimming with thankfulness, running over into my saucer where I sipped it again." This is going in the mail to her today.

Do you have pictures, articles, brochures, quotes, stuff laying around, perhaps piled in a junk drawer, that need a home? I made a junque journal to stick this stuff into. It's a fun way to use up crafting paper that you are tired of. Plus, all you need to begin is a 99 cent composition book.
Here is the youtube link that I used for instruction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZ-tv5TsjM



That's all for now folks. Venture forth and create!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I totally disagree. You do have your own style. (ie: the gift tags you made at xmas, the book Cooper boox you made for N&C, bday book you made for me... I could go on and on!!!) Second, I started a junk journal. It's so much fun! I have to buy bigger rings b/c it won't close. I love the messiness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially your cup full of thankfulness! I wish I could wean myself away from blogs and magazines, but I am not quite ready. I think I could start a junk journal though! I certainly have tons of stuff to put in it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete