Friday, February 25, 2011

My debut as an amatuer photographer

Sighs of admiration escape my lips as I peruse blogs belonging to photographers. Whether it be wedding pictures in unique settings or babies posed in suitcases or draped on the forearm of a new daddy, I'm envious of the talent and 'eye' of the photographer.

I have creative talents so have decided to venture into the world of photography with my trusty little point-and-shoot camera.


Meet my model, Miranda, a Barbie doll from the 80's. (Miranda is an 80's sort of name, isn't it?)

As happens to many living in the Pacific Northwest, Miranda is unprepared for winter's arctic blast and lacks proper outwear. She improvises by layering. Unfortunately, Miranda was born with a defect; unusual arched feet. Although she has boots, she cannot force them over her delicate arches. Appreciating their warmth, she puts the boots on her hands and uses her positive thinking skills to imagine toasty warm feet.

The following photos showcase my innovative (and creative) photography skills:

This picture depicts Marinda 'skating' on the Howard fish pond. (Again, using her positive thinking skills, she imagines she's in New York City, skating in Central Park.)

Here one can appreciate the contours and shadows created by proper lighting.

Using my isotopic 3xj20K lense in 24xh mode with apperature speed of 6.25X and 23.6 x 15.8mm sensor size with bayonet mount, this picture shows Miranda appreciating hoarfrost found on a vintage window.



Continuing with my winter theme, I capture the variant light in the sky as Miranda poses on a motor home, hoping to catch a ride to sunnier climes.

Last, here I showcase vibrant colors against the white snow as Miranda dreams of swinging under the apple tree on a warm, spring day.

I hope you have enjoyed sharing my foray into photography. I'm available for hire.

3 comments: