Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow day

Here are my cute 'lil nieces. Kim, the girls and I met yesterday at Krispy Kreme Donuts in Tacoma. We all needed to 'get out of Dodge' and do something out-of-the-ordinary.

Another snow day today, a good excuse to hang out in the studio. The snow has turned to rain, much to Glynn's relief.

The online class, Soul Restoration, is complete. It has been a journey of soul searching, soul repairing, and soul fortification. Our last project was to make ourselves a Promise Book, a book to help us navigate those days when negativity seeks to overpower the good in our lives.

Here are a few pages of my little Promise Book. I have empty pages that I will complete as I make new promises to myself.



Here I'm experimenting with embroidery floss, calico and print. Hmmm.... I feel the stirrings of a a project coming on...... Someday, I'd LOVE to go to an actual Brave Girl Camp in McCall, Idaho. I believe there are only 3 camps scheduled this year and they've been sold out since last year. Melody and her sister are looking to purchase property that will accommodate Camp on a more regular basis.

Read this post while feasting your eyes on the delight that awaits every attendee of the Camp and you'll want to go too! http://bravegirlsclub.com/archives/2722

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Krispy Kreme (although I have had the donuts). I think that should be a promise I make to myself - to go soon. Love your artwork. Beautiful and creative. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to that link - and that DOES look like FUN FUN FUN!

    ReplyDelete