Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oh, the ironies of life


Strolling through the neighboring campground this evening I noticed the following:

-Satellite TV dish on a stand in the bushes
-Folks eating around the table inside the motor home (yes - I spy)
-a hammock strung between two trees
-numerous tented canopies erected over eating areas
-tents with extensions & entry ways
-bicycles, pool toys, Bocce Ball,


all the conveniences of home carefully packed into a metal box on wheels (trailer or motor home) (or in a large trunk + car carrier + backseat space) so we can 'experience the out-of-doors' and 'get-away-from-it-all'.

Yes, this is the interior of a motor home

The irony kills me.

I must admit, although I sleep in a humble two man pup tent, I will not leave home without my double sized air mattress and hair dryer!


1 comment: