Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekend happenings

This picture could be better quality but I think you get the idea..... great Grandma Ellen is absolutely, positively delighted with her grandson, Cooper! We visited Ellen at her retirement home where any child is an instant hit. While walking down the hallway with Cooper in hand, Ellen would stop her fellow residents (whether she knew them or not) and proudly introduce Cooper as 'this is my great grandson'!


After all, who couldn't love this child?!

Blackberries are in season. I picked 4 cups from vines hanging over my back fence; enough to make a delicious blackberry cream cheese dessert for the annual Lincoln Creek Lumber bbq we hosted on Saturday. The dessert was an instant hit and I'll be picking more blackberries soon for a repeat.

Sunday found me in Seattle once again, this time meeting my sister & cousin Erik (from Austin) for the day. The Fremont Sunday market was our first destination.

I have wanted to go there since.... forever & wasn't disappointed. It's not like the Olympia Farmer's Market as there are no produce or nursery/plant booths. Most booths are either artisan type products or antique and good junk booths. I will go again!

We drove to Swanson's nursery for lunch as they claim to have a lovely restaurant in a large greenhouse. It was worth the drive (thank goodness for GPS!) for we had a delicious lunch and bought plants, too.

We didn't eat these for lunch! These happen to be the biggest Koi I've ever seen in a pond in the restaurant......

Lastly, here are a couple of completed journal pages for the week:

a class photo taken from 1946


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a post of goodies! Love your Art. Especially the class of 46. I gotta try that! And the close up of the Koi!!! amazing! They seem to be smiling for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Bestamore got to show Cooper off!

    ReplyDelete