Saturday, August 27, 2011

This and that


Yesterday was Glynn's 29th birthday, again. I made this for him, not sure if he'd appreciate my efforts or not. He surprised me by being quite delighted. I want to hang it on his bathroom wall but first he wants to take it to work for 'show & tell'!

While organizing and sorting though Ellen's house in Beaverton, these architectural finds were screaming to be salvaged. Glynn and Elda think they are dumpster fodder but I simply remind them that 'one man's junk is another man's treasure'.


It's a spider time of year. We were brave last night and went to sleep with a HUGE one resting on the ceiling of our bedroom. (Unless the spider appears to be a threat to society, I spare its life.) I'm finding spider webs on the surface of our lawn.

While running errands yesterday I stumbled across garage sales, many of which I did not have to time to shop. Arrggh! I found more ephemera for projects and this bowl full of old Christmas baubles for $2. They are vintage - flocked, speckled and well loved. Not sure what I'll do with them except add them to my growing collections of odds and ends!

2 comments:

  1. ooh! Great finds! I am always on the lookout for old ledger books, or just old thin books that I can give another life to. Happy Birthday to Glynn! Love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    ALL spiders are a threat to society.

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete