Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Attempting to save me from sinking into a deep(er) state of melanchol-iness, Glynn took me on a date tonight. There's a vast difference between simply going-out-to-eat and going-out-to-eat-while-on-a-date. I needed the later and Glynn came through like a knight in gleaming armor.

Olympia has a little gem of a restaurant named Gardners's. This delicious wild Alaskan salmon with huckleberry butter plus a side of four cheese scalloped potatoes and ending with a macadamia caramel tart succeeded in dispelling much of the melancholy pall.

Discussing relationships, Glynn mentioned how angry he becomes when his male acquaintances refer to their wives and girl friends as 'my old lady'.

"I have never, ever called you that." He said. "I call you my bride". (What a guy!) "In fact, shortly after Nick married Courtney," he continued, "I told him that if I ever heard him refer to Courtney as 'my old lady', I'd slap him."

Nick learned from the master. He treats his wife with nothing but respect.

Back to the melancholi-ness.... I added this page to my art journal as I found comfort in the quote:

'The soulless have no need of melancholia.'


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. Gardner's is a lovely place! We spent an anniversary dinner there a year or two ago - so elegant and gourmet! Beautiful additions to your art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glynn is a great man! I love that he told Nick never to refer to Courtney as his "old lady!" Hope you're feeling better. ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take us there someday? Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete