Thursday, October 13, 2011

Living the good life

We met our bff's, Craig and Kathleen, at Pacific Beach for a getaway. This stretch of coast is not popular for some unknown reason and it lacks (thankfully) that tourist feel. There are no dunes to contend with so beach front rentals have an unobstructed view of the ocean. Sadly, the rental property I booked did not have an ocean view. But the property was charming and extremely comfortable. I've had 'The Coastal Nest' bookmarked for the longest time, having stumbled upon it while reading a random blog.
A link to The Coastal Nest: http://www.coastal-nest.blogspot.com/

The weather Gods were smiling upon because it only rained at night and sun breaks accompanied our beach walking each day. We were even able to shed our coats and walk the beach in our shirtsleeves - an uncommon occurrence on the beach in Washington in October!

Glynn and Craig driving alongside Kathleen & I as we walked the beach. I have no words....
Here is Glynn, my Prince who spread his coat on a piece of driftwood so we could enjoy the view.
Friend, Fran, allowed me to sort through her mother's button tin and take what buttons I wanted. What a pal! I already have a huge inventory of old white buttons so I chose various colored buttons. This button tin houses warm memories for Fran as she remembers running her fingers through it as a child. I think we all have treasures that represent precious memories of relatives and friends who had a huge impact on our lives. I'm very sentimental and hoard more than a few of some such treasures!
Thus far, I have seven strips sewn of Steph's quilt. I told her I like it enough that it may end up gracing one of my beds instead of hers!

And last, recent art journal pages:

I'm heading to visit my sister in Redmond, OR for the weekend. Girl time/sister time is the best.

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork always gives me a thrill (and inspiration), but no wonder with the beautiful places you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. You cannot keep that quilt! It's way too perfect!

    ReplyDelete