Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hens

I thought I'd share a picture of my beautiful girls. Naming them would be pointless since they are identical in every way and it's not likely that they will respond when called upon! When they first arrived on scene, they were a quartet...until the day I found nothing but 2 chicken legs and wing feathers of a hen who became lunch for a raccoon.

Jack Russell Terriers are known to kill chickens. I let Otis know, in no uncertain terms, that these girls are our friends and NOT to be trifled with. When he follows me out into the pasture area where the girls hang out, he 100% ignores them. In fact, they often chase him!

It's a quiet time of year in the storage business so I have time to create in my back room. Here are a couple of art journal pages:


1 comment: