Friday, January 6, 2012

One man's teeth is another man's treasure

Years ago, I started saving small items found left behind on the floors of my storage units. Legos, buttons, Barbie shoes, Scrabble letters, etc. eventually were attached to a frame and this piece of 'found art' sits on the counter in my office. Folks are both amused and aghast when they spot the dentures. "Someone left behind their teeth?" they ask incredulously.

Today, we had an interesting phone call at the office. A long time tenant phoned saying his dog ate his lower set of dentures. Being as Rick has no insurance to cover the replacement cost, would I be willing to give him the dentures glued onto the frame?

Say it again? Really?! Isn't one fitted for dentures? Surely one size does not fit all?

Yes. I am more than happy to give the dentures to someone in need.

I'm anxious to see what new treasure appears to fill the void on the frame!

1 comment:

  1. What if you or dad need them someday? You'll regret giving them away then...

    ReplyDelete