Tuesday, August 17, 2010

All dressed up and nowhere to go


Warning!

If you do not want to converse about cross dressing, read no further.

Recently we rented to a Jane Doe (name changed to protect identity). She is thin, petite and wears flowery, flamboyant attire. Her outfits include leggings or tights in bright colors, short skirts, crazy hats & plenty of jewelry. Although I haven't seen cleavage, she appears to have boobs.

Trouble is, she is actually a he - per his driver's license. The face & voice & legs simply do not jive with the attempt at female impersonation.

Said tenant is very courteous and nice. Although I'm much too polite to address the obvious, I would love the opportunity to talk to Jane about her gender. I'm curious if he is in the process of becoming a she. Assuming she wants to look like a she, has she felt trapped/hidden in a male body all her life?

D
ue to chromosomal abnormalities some babies are deemed hermaphrodites because they lack sufficient sexual organs to determine gender. Our society has long mocked those, especially males, who are confused about their gender.

I vote for replacing judgment with compassion and understanding.

I applaud Jane for her courage in not hiding her identity. I contend that her heart, regardless of gender, loves & yearns & hurts & swells & bleeds just the same as mine....




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and open-minded of you! I once had a fellow tell me about a kid in his neighborhood who had to choose between being a man or a woman - this boy chose man but wondered if that was the right choice. I always wondered if he was telling me his own story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jane feels like a woman, let her be one. I live a couple hours from the sex change capitol from the US. With the right doctor and the right hormones, you often can't even tell when someone has changed genders. I vote to let them live their lives as they see fit and not judge.

    ReplyDelete