Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summertime fun

Here are a few pictures from our annual trip to Sisters, Or. This year was extra fun because cousin Erik from Austin, TX joined in the fun.

Here is sister Kim, cousin Erik, brother Chris (I love to say, 'my brother lives in Sisters'), me, and sister Debbie.

Finn's birthday is in July so mom always throws a little party for him. Apparently mom's party was his 4th b-day party of the summer. I'd say he scored this year!




Long story short, Chris owns the 1964 VW bug we grew up with. It was my dad's beloved, commuter car and one that each one of us kids learned to drive on, grinding the gears in the process. Kim and I took it for a drive around the neighborhood, amazed we still remembered how to work the gear sift! If cars could talk....

Here's the clan....

From Sisters, Glynn and I drove to Portland International Airport to pick up Stephanie & Matt who would be visiting the PNW for a week.



Stephanie meets nephew, Cooper, for the first time. Just give him a soft shoulder to sleep on & he's all yours!


Wanting to be tourists in Seattle, we drove to Tukwila, hoping to board the Link into downtown Seattle. I've ridden the Link twice and it's a wonderful, relaxing way of taking a day trip into downtown. I haven't ridden it on a weekday, however and alas, there was no parking available. Arrggh - how frustrating! (I have since heard that a parking garage is being built near the Tukwila station.) We ended up driving in and parking near Macy's. Matt's mom, Shirley tagged along and we had a fun day along with what felt like 98,536 other tourists.


Along Pike St. is a little shop called the Confectional. 'Chocolate forgive me for I have sinned. I have not yet had my daily confection' reads the sign above the shop. They make individually sized cheesecakes - probably the best I've ever tasted. Here are white chocolate raspberry and quadruple chocolate cheesecakes.


This is the old Starbuck's logo hanging outside the original Starbucks coffee shop on Pike St. Apparently, there was so much controversy over the bared breasts that Starbucks made the mermaid cover her bosom with her locks of long hair.

I continue our 'summertime fun' in a new post.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the shot of you in the VW! Ummm and the "Confectional". You find all the best places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the spread eagle legs on the Starbucks label were also a big controversy. I say they should've kept it. My inlaws don't agree.

    ReplyDelete