Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Calm after the storm

Until I awoke and started my day this morning, I was not aware how agitated my psyche has been these past weeks as I, along with millions of other Americans, endured the name calling, rock hurling, pokes and taunts between grown-up politicians.

Our nation is stuck in the doldrums. Joblessness, homelessness, down spiraling revenues, home foreclosures, anxiety, fear, and overall dissatisfaction have created a political climate of angst and distrust.

Being as politics and economics do not interest me, I am willing to allow other competent men and women to make decisions on my behalf which will strengthen and grow our nation.

So, remember, newly elected Mr. or Mrs. Politician, that you were elected to serve my interests, rather than furthering your own political agenda or padding the coffers of 'big business' (or your own wallet), or spending your time and making decisions while focusing on a future re-election bid. Remember that you are a servant whose over-riding passion needs to be a love for your country, not allegiance to your political party.

Please, I beg you, set aside your bipartisan bickering and concentrate on the challenges facing our great country.

No comments:

Post a Comment