Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving ranks number one in my list of favorite holidays. It's a mellow, relaxing day for my family, one we all enjoy.
This year the turkey was exceptionally tasty and moist. Perhaps it's because I basted it every hour with a melted mixture of butter, olive oil, thyme & rosemary? Nephew Finn peered through the oven door window and asked, ''Auntie Sue, why is there grass on the turkey?"

Cooper's first Thanksgiving included being pulled in a little, red sled Grandpa bought specifically for him. How convenient that we still had snow on the ground!

Another first for Cooper was meeting his cousins, Finn and Willa. He had many admirers that day.

I spent the day after Thanksgiving at home. No early morning, black Friday sales for me! I put my house back together and took a loooong nap by the fire. Bliss.....

4 comments:

  1. love the thanksgiving photo of all of you. the first thing i took note of was otis "presenting" for the camera. sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Thanksgiving! What a beautiful turkey! I never remember to get a photo of the group! Must work on that. Rest up. You-know-what is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cooper's sled. Oh the kids are cute. Your family does Thanksgiving good. We have many good memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great thanksgiving. thanks for having us in your warm, fun & loving home!

    ReplyDelete