Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas is coming!

As I consume the last remnant of Thanksgiving day (pumpkin pie), my fingers begin itching to deck my halls with Christmas spirit!

Scrooge may grumble, 'It's too soon'.

I heartily disagree. The happiness of the season; the bright colors, the twinkle lights & universal love enfold me in a blanket of perpetual happiness.

Wouldn't it be fine if there were a way to bottle the spirit of the holidays? That way, during one of those gray, soggy days in January when we're sloughing through the blahs, we could uncork the bottle, take a long snort of holiday cheer & drift away on a seasonal high!


Thank goodness for a storage unit that houses my Christmas paraphernalia during the year!
It seems to multiply each year....

A little seasonal vignette...


Some favorite baubles on the tree and this Santa figurine from my childhood. He must be at least 45 years old.

Last, two lonely present under the tree... time to get busy!

Stephanie and Matt will celebrate Christmas Eve with us this year as well as Nick, Courtney and Cooper.

Children + Christmas = happy combination.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for the shot of inspiration! My Christmas stuff is stored in the attic, in my closet, in a big trunk in my living room, in my craft room...Its always a challenge to find it all! In the past I would have said "too soon" also, but I think singing Christmas songs in Choir since October has warmed me up to the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house frames Christmas decorations perfectly. You know how to
    embellish well. :) Tell me when it is done and I'll come sit by your fire with a cuppa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My house is decked out too.... love, love, love the season!!!!!!!!!!! It truly IS the "best time of the year!"

    ReplyDelete