Friday, January 28, 2011

A play day

Sandwiched between errands, today I met friend Judy for lunch at Anthony's Hearthfire Grill. We both ordered their delicious halibut sandwich with sweet potato fries. While seated next to the HUGE windows overlooking Budd Inlet we were amazed to see a full rainbow spanning both sides of the inlet. How cool is that?

I'm still quivering with excitement having finally stopped in at a store in town called 'Fun Junk'. Friend Judy stopped in last week and blogged about her ephemera finds. Mention the word 'ephemera' and I'm all ears!

Fun junk is very unique. Yes, the contents may be considered junk but it's collectible junk and mounds of it. Instead of having one or two vintage toasters, the owner displays a dozen. Cookbooks, record albums, lace, jewelry, clothing, the list goes on... And the ephemera! Boxes of old photos, postcards, school flash cards, pages of drawings torn from old books... a virtual treasure trove! Let the following photos set your hearts a'thumping!

These are the treasures I bought (this time around). The large card with the word 'sew' is an over sized flashcard that will look fun on the wall in the sewing area I'm creating. I also paid $2 for the little red vintage tray with the bluebirds pictured above.



Today's tiny shopping spree merely whetted my appetite for more. One can never have too much ephemera!

Fun Junk
'Piles of old stuff'
3644 Mud Bay Rd
Olympia, WA 98502
Open Fri & Sat 10-6

3 comments:

  1. HaHa! Its like a virus, and its spreading fast! I'm taking my sister there today. I think you found some things I didn't see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you purchase all those crochet hooks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M G - are we going there on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete